Pond Water Testing NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

photo by Master Gardener Volunteer RM

Sometimes ponds develop problems. In some cases, a more detailed analysis of water chemistry can be useful in diagnosing pond problems. The North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Solution Analysis Section in Raleigh will analyze water samples for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sulfur, iron, zinc, copper, carbonate, bicarbonate, pH, chlorides, sodium, and conductivity. The cost per sample is $5.00.

The analysis requires at least 1 pint (16 fluid ounces) of water in a plastic bottle. A clean, 16 fl. oz., plastic drink bottle can be used. Fill the sample bottle with water to be tested, hold under flowing water or swirl back and forth for a minute or more, and cap the bottle tightly while submerged.

Download and complete the form at the link below. Box and mail the sample to the NC Department of Agriculture lab at the address below. Please do not deliver the sample to your local Extension office. For additional information, please contact the lab.

Pond water analysis form

NCDA&CS Agronomic Division Solution Analysis Section

1040 Mail Service Center

Raleigh, NC 27699-1040

(919) 733-2655