Results – 4-H Congress 2022!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
State 4-H Congress is the largest annual conference for 4-H youth to attend! Some highlights of the week are:
- 4-H Presentation State Finals!
- Meeting new friends!
- Electing new State 4-H Officers!
- Induction of the new district officers!
- Honor Club Tapping!
- Participating in awesome workshops!
- Hearing from engaging speakers!
- Participating in the Candle lighting Ceremony!
- Giving to others through Hands to Service Project!
4-H Presentation – State Finals!
Saturday, July 16, fourteen 4-H’ers from Henderson County presented their presentations in front of a panel of judges and a watchful audience. State finals is the third level of the 4-H presentation competition. There were 287 4-H competitors from across the State who presented their presentations. Each of these youth had already placed either gold or silver at the District level in order to qualify for the State Finals.
We are so proud to share our fourteen 4-H competitors names and their results!!
- Boaz Mohammed – Citizenship/Community Service Category – Silver
- Colin Brown – Health & Fitness Category – Gold
- Eli Motes – Forestry & Wildlife Category – Silver
- Elizabeth Lyda – Open Class Category – Gold
- Elize Mohammed – Safety Category – Bronze
- Maggie McCall – Agricultural Safety – Gold
- Gus McCall – Poultry Production / Preparation – Bronze
- Haley Hargus – Careers & Entrepreneurship – Gold
- Isaac Askin – Science & Technology – Gold
- Matthew Meranda – Hospitality & Social Graces – Bronze
- Michael Meranda – Health & Fitness –
- Sam Lyda – Arts and Communication –
- Thomas Lyda – Science and Technology Category – Bronze
- Zeb Mohammed – Health & Fitness –
NC 4-H Congress – 2022
Following State presentation finals on Saturday, July 16, youth who are 12-18 years who have completed leadership and/or public speaking projects can stay on NC State University Campus for the remainder of 4-H Congress. We had 14 4-H’ers represented at Congress, all excited for the opportunities to come!
Induction of New District Officers!
A pillar of 4-H is Civic Engagement and because 4-H’ers “Learn By Doing” they engage in electing officers on Club, County, District and State levels.
This year Henderson County members Emma Barber and Hannah Queen held their campaigns and were elected as District Officers!
They will be serving with three other officers and represent the 4-H West District of NC!
4-H Honor Club!
4-H Honor Club is for 4-H members who become a “4-H Club member for life.” The application process includes showcasing your 4-H career and how you served, and promise to serve, in the future! Henderson County senior Hannah Brake accomplished her goal in becoming a 4-H Honor Club member!
Congress Workshops and Hands To Service Project!
4-H Congress includes workshops of various topics for 4-H’ers to choose from! Some of this years workshops included: Public Speaking, Teamwork Makes Dreamwork, It’s Electric, Walk on the Wild Side, Cooling Off, Escape Room, Journalism, Talking with Elected Officials, and more!
Henderson County is so proud and thankful for our 4-H’ers, volunteers, parents, and supporters who help make this annual conference a reality for our 4-H’ers! We are already looking forward to next year annual conference!