4-H Showcase of Talent!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
4-H Showcase of Talent
4-H Entertains is not your typical competition activity. The acts are selected for skill, content, entertainment value and to create a well-rounded show.
To provide an opportunity for 4-H’ers to demonstrate their creativity through the performing arts. To develop poise and self-confidence before a group of their peers.
To provide an avenue through which local and state 4-H programs may broaden the 4-H image and acquaint the public with the creative skills possessed by 4-H members.
Participants should be 8 as of January 1 of the current year and not have had their 19th birthday as of Jan. 1. They must be currently enrolled in the 4-H program and approved in 4-H Online.
4-H members who have participated in previous County, District and State 4-H talent programs MAY participate again.
General Guidelines for 2021
- Talent acts may be presented as a team as long as you follow all COVID-19 protocols. Groups who are not family members will need to follow all COVID-19 state restrictions on 4-H programming.
- Talent acts selected should appeal to youth audiences.
- Talent acts may be drawn from dance, dramatic, variety, instrumental, and vocal arts.
- Each county may select a maximum of two acts to participate
- Each act should be a maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Participants should consider the following items when selecting and presenting a talent act: audience appeal, projection, appropriate dress or costume, poise, staging-position and/or movement on stage, skills in areas of presentation (talent)
- Music should be in good taste and appropriate for all audiences, no vulgar language will be accepted in any lyrics
- Animal acts and use of fire are NOT allowed.
- Digital music must be of good quality and if at all possible, must meet copyright steaming requirements. So please select your “music” carefully.
- Videos can not be bigger than 10GB.
- Videos must be .mp4 file format or .mov as these are universal and we should be able to open them easily. We do not want links to a youtube channel or anything else. Videos will be uploaded directly to a google registration by 4-H County Staff.
The plan is to host a 4-H Webinar during National 4-H Week that you can invite 4-H families, friends, donors, etc to register to celebrate our 4-H Showcase of Talent.
County Registration Deadline
Contact your 4-H Agent for the County deadline.
State Registration Deadline
August 13 – You will be required to upload the video and registration information.
Contact: Hannah at Hannah_worrell@ncsu.edu, 4-H Agent, N.C. Cooperative Extension, Henderson County Center.