Join 4-H in Henderson County, North Carolina
How Do I Get in on the 4-H Fun?
There are many ways:
- Join a 4-H club that’s in your area! CLICK HERE for a list of 4-H Clubs in Henderson County, North Carolina.
- Ask an adult to help start a 4-H club — just 5 members (from at least 3 different families) and an adult helper are all you need!
- Join a special interest group–a group that gets together for a short time to learn a lot about one thing, or to participate in one activity!
- Enroll as an individual and study what you want, when you want!
- Look for 4-H school enrichment programs in your school!
Who Can I Contact to Get Started in 4-H?
- Denise Sherrill will be able to tell you more about getting involved in 4-H!
What Does It Cost?
This is the best news of all! 4-H costs nothing to join, and you are not required to purchase a uniform. Member expenses are minimal and determined by the club itself. Club activities are usually covered by money-making projects conducted by the club.
The project you select will also determine cost. This can vary greatly. Each member is responsible for meeting the costs of their selected projects. For example, raising a market lamb for a 4-H project would be more costly than a recycling project.