This course has been approved for pesticide credits in the following categories:
A : 2.5, B : 2.5, D : 9.5, H : 2.5, L : 9.5, N : 9.5, O : 2.5, X : 9.5
5 Landscape Contractor Technical and 2 Business Credits have been approved for this course.
Share this Article
Also Coming Up
This one-day workshop focuses on building sustainable wood energy markets in the North Carolina Appalachian and foothills region. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the state of the energy market, review related case studies, understand resource availability and participate in a short rotation, wood crops field tour. $35 fee for general public, $50 for those seeking continuing education credits.
Details and registration at go.ncsu.edu/wood2energy
Butterflies, bees, and green lacewings are just a few of the insects that benefit humans. In this class you will learn how to identify pollinating insects in the landscape and vegetable garden. You will also learn which plants feed, shelter, and provide habitat for pollinating insects. Also, you will learn how to build a pollinator house! Pesticide use can harm beneficial insects so we will learn how to control bad insects with non-pesticide techniques. Steve Pettis, Horticulture Agent with NC State Extension will your instructor.
2018 Home Gardening Series
Are you a Mountain Transplant? Did you recently move to Hendersonville from some other part of the country? Then, learn to garden in
western North Carolina by attending these classes offered by Henderson County Cooperative Extension.
Composting and Soils March 12, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Rachel Kipar, Henderson County Environmental Programs Coordinator, will teach gardeners about creating compost from kitchen and garden waste.
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will give attendees the dirt on mountain soils.
Spring Veggies, Fruits and Berries April 9, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Karen Blaedow, Henderson County Small Fruit and Vegetable Extension Agent, will give gardeners all the basics they need to produce their own food at home.
Mountain Gardening Favorites May 14, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will give attendees his favorites landscape plants for the mountains
Maintaining the Mountain Landscape Garden June 11, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will teach gardeners the most effective ways to maintain the mountain landscape
New Plant Varieties for WNC July 9, 2018 – 6:30pm
– John Vining, former Polk County Extension Director and Horticulture Agent we will teach attendees about all of the new varieties of plants coming out of the plant breeding program at NC State Mountain Horticulture Research Center
Number of attendees: _____________________________
Cost - $25 per class due one week prior to class start
-$100 for the entire series; entire series payments due one week prior to first class
-cash or check only (make checks out to Henderson Co. Coop. Ext.; mail to 100 Jackson Park Road, Hendersonville, NC 28792)
Location - Henderson County Extension Center, 100 Jackson Park Road
Call 828.697.4891 with questions
This course approved for the following pesticide license category credits:
Dealer D : 2; Landscape L : 2; Demo/Research N : 2; Ag Pest Control O : 2; Private X : 2
Landscaper license credits applied for...tba
*Learn the latest information about insect, plant disease and weed management in greenhouses, nurseries and landscapes and learn how to keep turf and trees healthy
February 15 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm – Insect Pest Management Update
April 26 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm – Plant Disease Pest Management Update
June 14 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm – Weed Pest Management Update
September 20 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm – Keeping Turf Healthy
November 15 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm – Keeping Trees Healthy
Cost -$10 per class due one week prior to class start
-$40 for the entire 5 class series; entire series payments due one week prior to first class
-cash or check only (make checks out to Henderson Co. Coop. Ext.)
Location –Henderson County Extension Center, 100 Jackson Park Road, Hendersonville, NC
For more information, contact:
Steve D. Pettis
Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent
email - email@example.com
office - (828) 697-4891