2018 Home Gardening Series
Are you a Mountain Transplant? Did you recently move to Hendersonville from some other part of the country? Then, learn to garden in western North Carolina by attending these classes offered by Henderson County Cooperative Extension.
Composting and Soils March 12, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Rachel Kipar, Henderson County Environmental Programs Coordinator, will teach gardeners about creating compost from kitchen and garden waste.
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will give attendees the dirt on mountain soils.
Spring Veggies, Fruits and Berries April 9, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Karen Blaedow, Henderson County Small Fruit and Vegetable Extension Agent, will give gardeners all the basics they need to produce their own food at home.
Mountain Gardening Favorites May 14, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will give attendees his favorites landscape plants for the mountains
Maintaining the Mountain Landscape Garden June 11, 2018 – 6:30pm
– Steve Pettis, Henderson County Commercial and Consumer Horticulture Agent, will teach gardeners the most effective ways to maintain the mountain landscape
New Plant Varieties for WNC July 9, 2018 – 6:30pm
– John Vining, former Polk County Extension Director and Horticulture Agent we will teach attendees about all of the new varieties of plants coming out of the plant breeding program at NC State Mountain Horticulture Research Center
Number of attendees: _____________________________
Cost - $25 per class due one week prior to class start
-$100 for the entire series; entire series payments due one week prior to first class
-cash or check only (make checks out to Henderson Co. Coop. Ext.; mail to 100 Jackson Park Road, Hendersonville, NC 28792)
Location - Henderson County Extension Center, 100 Jackson Park Road
Call 828.697.4891 with questions