Carol Birckhead Award
Birckhead, Carol Award
Outstanding County Extension Director – The award value is a Personal and Perpetual plaque.
Eligible for Nomination of Award: County Extension Director
Application for Nomination Apply Here for NCCE Award
How to Apply:
● How the County Extension Director (CED) has gone above and beyond the “call of duty”.
● How the CED’s administrative style involves others in decision-making processes.
● How the CED recognizes and develops others.
● How the CED encourages excellence in program areas and teamwork.
● Recognition of the CED’s leadership ability by others in the county.
● Significant contributions or changes he/she has made in the County Extension Program(s).
* List the name and address of your local newspaper for press release notification.
* Enclose at least one Letter of Recommendation, preferably from your immediate supervisor.
Birckhead, Carol – Outstanding Award for County Extension Directors
Describe achievements of the nominee and why he/she should be considered for the award. Be specific regarding accomplishments and impacts. Items
Counties and others in the organization are encouraged to nominate a County Extension Director they believe is deserving of this award.
During her Extension career, Carol M. Birckhead , former County Extension Director in Hoke County, had been recognized by staff, peers, volunteers, and local government for outstanding leadership and citizenship.
To honor her memory, Carol’s family established the “Carol M. Birckhead Award for Outstanding County Extension Director” plaque for outstanding service and achievement.