February Is American Heart Month
February is American Heart Month. Heart Disease is the leading cause of death in America and heart conditions affect more than 120 million people. You can improve your heart health by:
- Eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and fatty fish, which are a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eating less food with salt, added sugars, and saturated or trans fats.
- Moving More! Physical activity can help lower blood pressure and help control stress.
- Finding healthier ways to manage stress such as yoga, walking, or meditation.
- Avoiding smoking. Smoking increases your risk of heart disease.